Best Bar None is a national award scheme supported by the Home
Office aimed at promoting responsible management and operation of
alcohol licensed premises. Since 2003 it has been adopted by
over 100 towns and cities across the UK and is even being rolled
Best Bar None aims to reduce the harmful effects of binge
drinking, whilst also highlighting how operating more responsibly
can improve the profitability of an individual business and
attractiveness of a general area.
The aim of Best Bar None is to reduce alcohol related crime and
disorder by building on positive relationships between the licensed
trade, police, local authorities and the public. It also has
the support of the Home Office and BII
Being recognised by Ipswich Best Bar None includes meeting a
minimum national benchmark culminating in a high profile award
night with category awards winners being announced.
The assessment criteria is clear and constructive feedback is
given to all entrants to assist in future development.
Following the application process, a mutual date will be agreed for
assessment to be carried out at the premises. Two trained,
impartial assessors will carry out the assessment ensuring a
The benefits you will receive from becoming a member of the
Ipswich Best Bar None and the annual awards will include:
- Recognition for raising standards.
- Increased customer and staff safety.
- Free advice and support.
- Premises reaching the standard will be able to use the Best Bar
- logo and display a plaque, which states your position in the
awards: Accredited, Category or Overall Winner.
- High profile advertising, sponsorship and coverage of the
- You may become eligible for significant reductions in your
business insurance premiums.
- You will be eligible for a 10 % discount on polycarbonate
drinking vessels from Booker Ipswich.
- Free publicity through the Tourist Information Office
Above are just some of the benefits that you can receive by
being a member of the Ipswich Best Bar None scheme. New
partners are joining the scheme all the time and benefits will
continue to increase.
Link to national BBN website http://www.bbnuk.com/